Duration: 8 Hrs (1 day)
This 1 day course is the minimum requirement for all workers entering and working in confined spaces.
If you need the basic confined space entry training and the ability to act as the standby person, this is the course for you.
- If you also require gas testing, click here!
- If you need to control or supervise confined space works including issue confined space permits, click here
- Or, if you need the full package, click here for the 3 day course including confined space rescue training
Confined space entry training course includes these 4 key units of competency:
RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces which is the minimum requirement for ALL workers entering and working in confined spaces. The learning outcomes include, confined space awareness, legislative requirements, hazard and risk controls, tools and equipment, entry, exit and clean up procedures.
MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit provides understanding and training on how permit systems work and to maintain a safe and compliant work safe
MSMPER202 Observe permit work allows the workers to act as the standby/spotter to ensure all workers inside the confined space are safe and conditions of the work permits are followed.
MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres will enable the operator to test atmospheres using a range of testing equipment in order to determine a safe atmosphere for workers. The competency requires the operator to safely take and interpret gas readings and take the appropriate actions.
There is no prerequisite for this course.
Successful completion of this training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
- MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
- MSMPER202 Observe permit work
- MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
Students will be emailed a PDF copy of the statement of attainment on completion of the training course.
Course consists of both theory and practical, including theory and practical assessments.
- Theory Consists of classroom work involving a powerpoint presentation, group discussions, group activities such as conducting hazard identification and risk assessments, applying for confined space entry permits.
- Practical consists of hazards analysis and risk assessments, creating a rescue plan, setting up the confined space, gas testing and following procedures with the issued work permit. This is conducted during 2 x confined space entry activities (1x horizontal entry and 1 x vertical entry – utilising tripods, winches, fall arrest systems, ladders, etc in our specialised confined space training unit – Providing our students with realistic and challenging work spaces.
Pricing and location
Platinum safety Training Centre: Prestons NSW
Come and complete your safety training at our specialised training centre and save $$$
Group up to 4 students: $1500.00 – (min. booking fee)
Additional students charged @ $250.00 pp
Capped pricing: $2500.00 for a group of up to 12 students
Onsite training at your workplace
Group up to 4 students: $1650.00 – (min. booking fee)
Additional students charged @ $325.00 pp
Capped pricing: $3000.00 for a group of up to 12 students
All prices are GST Free – Note: All corporate bookings will be individually quoted.
Please note: All students must be able to communicate in English and able to complete all documents, including theory assessments. If assistance is required, please contact us prior to commencement of training day to discuss options. Failure to do this, may result in a student not being able to complete the training and a refund will not be issued.
Do I require training to carry out works in a confined space?
The simple answer is YES! Here at Platinum Safety and Training, we make it easy when it comes to deciding what training you need to carry out work in a confined space. We have a range of confined space training courses to suit everyone.