If you need your employees to learn how to manage a range of small workplace emergencies including controlling and extinguishing small fires, this is the course for you.
There is no prerequisite for this course.
Duration: 3 hours
Award: Successful completion of this training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
PUAFER008 Confine small emergencies in a facility
Students will be emailed a PDF copy of the statement of attainment on completion of the training course.
Course consists of both theory and practical, including theory and practical assessments.
Theory Consists of classroom work involving a powerpoint presentation, group discussions, group activities covering topics in:
- Emergency situations scenarios
- Roles and responsibilities of the emergency control organisation (ECO)
- Roles and responsibilities of the Chief warden
- How to raise the alarm
- Understanding evacuation diagrams and procedures
- Utilising emergency intercommunication systems
- Fire safety and evacuation procedures
- Dynamic risk assessments
- Liaising with emergency services
- Record keeping and debriefing
- Emergency planning committees
- Basic fire science
- Classes of fire
- Types of fire extinguishers and fire fighting equipment
- Firefighting skills
- Safety precautions
The practical component will give participants hands-on practical experience with evacuation exercises, using communication equipment (EWIS) and selection of firefighting equipment. They will also be able to demonstrate correct firefighting skills/tactics and follow safety procedures. This will involve:
- Selection of the correct fire extinguisher
- The use of a Carbon Dioxide (CO2) fire extinguisher on a REAL fire
- The use of a fire blanket
- Participants will gain hands-on practical experience with fire-fighting equipment. They will also be instructed in correct firefighting tactics and safety procedures.
Pricing: Fire extinguisher training Sydney
Onsite training at your workplace in Sydney
Group of 6 students: Fixed price – $950.00 – (Min. booking fee)
Additional students @ $100.00 pp
Capped pricing: $1250.00 for a group up to 12 students
All prices are GST Free – Note: All corporate bookings will be individually quoted.
Does my workplace require training to ensure we can deal with workplace emergencies?
The simple answer is YES! Here at Platinum Safety and Training, we make it easy when it comes to deciding what training you need to ensure your workplace remains complaint and prepared for any workplace emergency. We have a range of fire emergency training courses to suit your workplace.